Russian singer and producer Svetla V works and lives between the two cities Bergen and Stockholm. Being on the road most of the time, her studio set up is optimized to to be simple and portable. The sound on her latest album “Mattias”, which was released on the Siberian cassette label Perfect Aesthetics and will be re-released on Norwegian record label Eget Selskap, however, is nothing but simple and includes lyrics in English, Russian and Norwegian.
1. KEY AND PAD CONTROLLER (AKAI PROFESSIONAL, CHECK HERE): This is about the only piece of music equipment I use apart from my computer and microphone, so it is almost 100% responsible for the execution of my music production and performance. I love it a lot, it is functional, cute, and fits in a laptop bag. Since I travel all the time, that’s exactly what I need. I put those heart stickers on it in case I am too stressed to remember what keys I should press when I play live. Also, these hearts have some sort of Sailor Moon vibe, it feels great.
2. LEATHER BRACELET (PILGRIM, CHECK HERE): I wear it just like people wear a watch — all the time. And it has been so for more than 5 years now, so it is quite worn out already, and when I forget to wear this bracelet, I feel something is missing. It is made by the Danish jewelry brand Pilgrim, and my mom bought it for me on board of Scandinavian Airlines flight to Copenhagen. I have been in love with Scandinavia for a really long time, and this bracelet reminds me of my time there. Besides, it goes well will all the clothes I own.
3. DAISIES / GERBERA (NATURE): Always make me feel happy. The first time a boy gave me flowers, it was gerbera, and since then I find them the most perfect type of all. They just go well with my personality I think — not too posh, bright and monocolored, with tall stems and not requiring too much care. I often decorate my living space with those and use them in my performance. And people around me always know what present would make me genuinely glad.
4. PERFUME (TOMMY HILFIGER, CHECK HERE):My best friend gave this perfume to me as a birthday present, and that is the best perfume I’ve ever tried in my life. Not sweet yet summery, it reminds me of light Mediterranean breeze. I use it all the time and it brings me lots of confidence somehow. Also, so far it is the only perfume I’ve tried that I am not allergic to, and I think it is pure magic, I didn’t even know it was possible for me not too sneeze after applying a perfume before this one.
5. TEA (A SELECTION): I drink oceans of tea, 5-7 cups a day to be precise. And as much as I want to think of myself as a tea nerd, it is any tea I could drink. So this is not the selection of my favorites, I just don’t have any preference. But I am hoping to one day learn tea ceremony or something. Very unlikely it will happen though.
MY RBMA EXPERIENCE
SVETLA V’s LINKS