Stockholm-based Tom Lagerman and Niklas Janzon are the musical masterminds behind Mount Liberation Unlimited. Their project was born while they were attending school for classical music training and realized the urge for creative and experimental exploration of crossover sound and live set ups. Their artist name”Liberation Unlimited” reflects and reminds them of their core belief and excitement for new ideas and sounds. Their intuition seems to guide them onto the right path: after releases on Tim Sweeney’s Beats in Space label and house institution Studio Banhus, the duo just joined the Permanent Vacation family with their latest release “Body Language”.
Tom and Niklas confessed that despite their shared musical vision the real friendship started only after going to the movies together and bonding over the Pixar movie “Up”. The selection of essentials is proof that MLU is more than an outlet for their deep productions – it’s a commitment to have each other’s back on this musical journey.
1. HEADPHONES (BOSE, CHECK HERE): Noise cancelling technology – First it changed the headphone industry, now it’s changed us.
2. TOBACCO (NORDIC SNUS, CHECK HERE): Janzon: “I don’t want to spend one day without Snus.” Tom: “I don’t want to spend one day with Janzon without Snus.”
3. ROLLING PAPER (NO BRAND): Because you never know when you need to roll.
4. WATER BOTTLE (NO BRAND): The thought of buying water makes us sad. S/O to all airports with filtered tap water!
5. EARPLUGS (NO BRAND): Mouldable earplugs, it’s like having a reality volume knob.
6. SLEEPING MASK (NO BRAND): Together with the noise cancelling headphones and earplugs, the sleeping mask combines what we call the MLU Sensory Deprivation Kit™.