Berlin-based Jeanne Kaiser is a singer, producer and classically-trained cellist who performs under the name Jeannel. She is known for her her dreamy, R&B-oriented pop. Her performances are versatile: playing with a full band or playing with stripped-down stage setup or doing back-up vocals – Kaiser makes sure to connect with the audience. So does her collection of essentials share the importance of relationships to her music.
1. YOGA (PEACEYOGA, CHECK HERE): Peaceyoga Berlin is one of my absolute essential in-order-to-stay-sane/basic-need-place to go to. The jivamukti classes are demanding, sweaty, and lead by the best teachers I know so far. Peaceyoga is like my second home here in Berlin. I go there to keep my body and soul in tune. I love this place.
2. COMPUTER (APPLE, CHECK HERE): My whole musical identity is on that computer. Whenever I go out the house wondering if I really switched off the stove, it’s the only thing I am worried about. (Besides my plants.)
3. SHIRT (TRES RASCHE, CHECK HERE): That T-shirt just makes me feel good an powerful. Besides, the label is awesome.
4. BOOTS (DR. MARTENS, CHECK HERE): Same with the boots. I can wear them whereever, whenever. I wear them all the time. The help me keep my feet on the ground.
5. GUITAR (A GIFT): She was given to me by someone who holds a special place in my heart. She’s my baby.
MY RBMA EXPERIENCE