Born in Russia and now based in Copenhagen, Anastasia Kristensen is one of the strongest names that represent Denmark’s electronic music scene today. Her artistic career started early in classical music which can be still found in her wide musical spectrum of DJ sets. Building her local profile in the Danish capital blossomed recently into a residency at the legendary dance music club Culture Box and bookings at Fabric, Berlin Atonal, Unsound Festival, and Boiler Room at Present Perfect Festival this year. Despite the impressive touring schedule around the world, Kristensen keeps a full-time job as an IT consultant which she really enjoys and values. She says that her day job which has nothing to do with music keeps her sane and allows her to focus even more on music because her time is limited.
Kistensens’s DJ sets span a wide spectrum of genres and styles. She takes pride in finding unique gems and unreleased music which has made her also one of Denmark’s musical tastemakers. It’s no surprise that her talent is widely supported in the community which results in strong collaborations such as the one on Special Request’s EP “Through The Looking Glass” with Nina Kraviz on Houndstooth. Her essentials are as tasteful as her track selections: a mix of classics and unexpected but fun items such as the fidget spinner and cat-eye glasses.
1. PASSPORT (DANISH): Passport is for me to explore the world. It’s always with me because you never know where and what’s next, right? 😉
2. SUN GLASSES (NO BRAND): It’s my new permanent item, both for the looks and for the warm crazy sun this summer
3. LIP BALM (KIEHL’S, CHECK HERE): Kiehl’s just happen to have the best Lip Balm, I don’t think I’ve known of any more compact one than this.
4. FIDGET SPINNER (NO BRAND): It’s a millennial device, but I dig it so much. Perfect for deep thoughts and when a decision needs to be made 😀
5. NAIL OIL (NO BRAND): This is nail oil – Keepin’ them nails nourished
6. EAR PLUGS (AUDIOVOX, CHECK HERE): Probably the most essential tool for any musician. Also very useful, when I want to nap and there’s a baby crying on the flight