Brighton-based artist Akiko Haruna is known for her audio-visual work melting experimental sounds together with abstract moving images. Trained as a pianist, violinist, flautist and dancer, her recent work span the wide spectrum between avant-garde, classical and deconstructed club music which can be seen in her latest video for “i, omega,”. Haruna’s next record will be out on “Where to Now?” Records soon.
1. SKINFOOD (WELEDA, BUY HERE): My skin drinks this stuff. I use it everywhere and anywhere.
2. SUPPLEMENTS (A PERSONAL SELECTION): Health is wealth! This one contains ‘Viridian Balanced Iron Complex’. Anyone with heavy periods or longer/irregular cycles should try out a good iron supplement. After coming off the pill my cycle was all over the place (as were my energy levels). Shortly after I started the Iron/B vitamin supplements my period is back on track! It’s a damn blessing! Probably a good idea to check with your doctor first though.
3. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE (G-TECHNOLOGY, CHECK HERE): I bought a laptop with the highest specs I could afford for my work. I skimped out on storage and went for one with better processing power. So now I have to run everything off an external hard drive.
4. LAPTOP (APPLE, BUY HERE): My Laptop.
5. HEADPHONES (SENNHEISER, CHECK HERE): Good for listening to tunes on the train when the person next to you is having a really loud phone conversation.
MY RBMA EXPERIENCE