French musical multi-talent Akemi Fujimori started her career as a singer and pianist writing songs. After she gathered further experience as a live performer and studio musician, touring with bands all around the world, she is now busy producing and performing as the electronic duo dismaze along with musician friend Léa Moreau. Their latest release and video for “Human Sense” is a beautiful invitation to experience Fujimori’s musical world.
1. KEYBOARD (DAVE SMITH INSTRUMENTS, BUY HERE): I discovered that synth playing with La Féline a couple years ago, I now use it on stage and in the studio, for my music as well as with other artists, it’s become my faithful musical companion.
2. CAMERA (LOMOGRAPHY, BUY HERE): I love instant cameras because they’re all about the now. No retouching or picking the best picture, there’s just that moment you shot and it is what you get. These days I find this feeling very precious. At RBMA, I’ve made a portrait of every participant so that I’d always remember these great times.
3. CROSSWORDS (FIND AT YOUR SHOP): On tour, in the metro or in a plane, you can do crosswords anytime. It reminds me of my grandpa, he would do crosswords everyday. Also makes me remember the existence of some pretty cool French words I never use!
4. AVOCADOS (BUY AT YOUR LOCAL MARKET): I have to admit, I’m an avo addict. On toast, in a guacamole, in salads or simply as is, it is always amazing. It’s not always easy to find good ones, but at least that helps me keeping my consumption rate at reasonable levels.
5. T-SHIRT (THE VILLAGE COFFEE, CHECK HERE): This t-shirt is from a coffee shop in Utrecht called The Village Coffee. Because I love a good coffee. And the design is great. Somehow to me this phrase represents a good part of the vibe at the academy. A bunch of music nerds embracing together their special uniqueness!
MY RBMA EXPERIENCE
AKEMI FUJIMORI’S LINKS