The Brand “Marlon Hoffstadt” stands for a lot of things but always promises fun and quality. The Berlin-based producer, DJ and musician is continuously challenging and re-inventing himself to widen his own musical horizon and discover new opportunities. After successfully running his first label “Retrograde Records”, he launched a new beautiful imprint called “Midnight Themes” last year to share a different, more matured “Marlon Hoffstadt” sound. But this is not where he stops – the empire expands and takes physical form when he starts a new party series called “Savour The Moment” – safe place to switch off your phone and focus on the music. This way, Hoffstadt actively encourage attendees to forget their virtual life and focus on the real-time experience on the dance floor. With high-quality flyer designs and clever merchandise, he does make it seem very easy to throw parties with such a strong concept and big international line-ups in the electronic music capital of Germany.
Hoffstadt’s essentials reveal a key ingredient to his success: the effort to connect – with people and with himself. In this fast-paced digital age, he reminds us to appreciate every personal relationship found through music and creates opportunities to discover more of these wonderful moments. His latest release on Ransom Note Record highlights this message very well: in form of a special collaboration with friend Raf Rundell and the title “Treat Yourself”.
1. T-SHIRT (SAVOUR THE MOMENT, CHECK HERE): For me there is nothing worse then hanging out with people who are always on their phones. You also find this quite often in clubs or while traveling using trains, planes or the bus. By wearing this T-Shirt you can always just say hello to someone and point your finger on the logo, with a bright smile in your face. Mostly the reaction is great. People start talking to you or at least smile back and put their phones away. Ah, and Savour The Moment is also an event series that I am promoting at Wilde Renate and ELSE.
2. FLYERS (SAVOUR THE MOMENT, CHECK NEXT PARTY HERE): As i just mentioned I am not only a DJ but also a promoter and I wouldn’t be a good one if don’t always have invite flyers / cards with me. It doesn’t matter where I travel, I make sure to let everyone know about the party and the idea of a phone free environment in general. Its also a nice way to interact and promote yourself on a face to face level, which is quite a rare thing these days. Everything happens in the internet. A good old face to face conversation is always the best way to go if you want to leave a lasting impression. 🙂
3. RECORDER (TASCAM, CHECK HERE): I think everyone knows this little baby. The Tascam DR40 is my steady partner on the road and while playing. When i’m submitting podcasts to blogs I always try to send in live recordings because my mixing then sounds as natural and real as possible. Recording mixes at home never feels the same as when you record them in clubs. Maybe my imagination is just not good enough but i’m always missing the connection and interaction with the dancers.
4. BAG (PINQPONQ, CHECK HERE): I really like practical things. This bag offers enough space for my wallet, phone, keys, stickers, party flyers, chewing gums and little apple headphones. Everything you need in one place, and no extra bag that you need to carry with you. It is also fully made out of recycled PET bottles which is a good thing to support.
5. HAT (NO BRAND): This hat is actually from my girlfriend. I always steal it because it reminds me of her when we’re not together, looks nice and its really comfortable. Back in the days when I still had long hair I never needed hats, but now with my 3mm haircut I always feel cold on my head and around my ears so this one keeps me warm 🙂
6. HEADPHONES (BOSE, CHECK HERE): Since one and a half years I am practicing a variety of meditation techniques. Sometimes its easy and sometimes i’m struggling a bit with it. Especially when you are traveling and you don’t sleep too long its hard to find and take time for the practice. The headphones are really useful because they come with noise cancellation. As soon as I sit in my seat and the plane takes off, I activate the noise cancellation function, put on some nature recordings and get into meditation. At home I often just use a boom box, but for the road these headphones are perfect.
Facebook Soundcloud Twitter Website