One of Denmark’s most famous musical exports is, of course, Kasper Bjørke. Known for his disco-inspired releases and DJ sets, “Kasper Bjørke” has become brand for good club and dance music. When he is not touring around the globe, he is either working on new music or humbly writing soundtracks for brands like Nike Jordan, Prada and various other art and fashion magazines. Listening to these and his latest albums on hfn music , it becomes apparent that the Kasper Bjørke sound reaches new territory outside the club music raum. He is now gearing up for the new album release which will be out on the legendary record label Kompakt this October. Besides being a full-time artist on stage and in the studio, he is also working as a passionate music manager behind the scenes – which started around 10 years ago from the pure wish to help and support his friends with their career.
Constantly exploring and pushing his artistic boundaries with collaborations with other creatives, Kasper is a full-time professional who knows what works for him as the brand – balancing both being an artist and a manager – and as an art director giving us suggestions on how to layout his essentials. Thank you, Kasper! It was a pleasure working together 🙂
1. GUM (STIMOROL, CHECK HERE): I chew this particular gum when taking off and landing, because I always have issues with my ears.. and because Im really, really afraid of flying, it also helps me relax somehow.
2. GLASSES (NO BRAND): I originally bought these as sunglasses but then had prescription lenses in them because Im pretty blind. I just got some gold sunglasses clip-ons for them, which is amazing. I somehow feel like a 70 year old man when I wear them though.
3. VITAMINES (NO BRAND): All my vitamines, herbal medicine and herbal sleep aids in a metal container that looks like a giant pill. I take so many different supplements that I would probably need to check in a piece of luggage to bring all the original packages if I didn’t have this one!
4. NECKLACE (WHEN SAINTS GO MACHINE, CHECK HERE): I got this necklace from my neighbour who is in the band When Saints Go Machine. They had it made as a piece of merch some years ago. Love and Respect is a beautiful message and I bring it on travels and wear it for gigs as a lucky charm…
5. EARPLUGS (ELACIN, CHECK HERE): Im a extremely light sleeper so besides my natural sleep aids I take every night, I also need to wear these custom made ear plugs that are made to seal off sound completely. I cant sleep without them anymore. They help alot on the road as well, before the hotel housekeeping would also wake me up at 8 AM when vacuuming the other rooms or opening/closing doors, which is no good when you are out DJing until 5 or 6 AM.
6. CAP (NORTH FACE, CHECK HERE): I never used to wear a cap because I had long hair and thought I looked silly with it. But now, with quite short hair, I feel naked without it.
7. DEODORANT (AESOP, CHECK HERE): I really like the scent of this deodorant. I dont need to wear it but for gigs I do it just to be on the safe side. Nobody likes a stinky DJ.
8. HEADPHONES (BOSE, CHECK HERE): Another remedy to calm my neves whenever Im on an airplane are these Bose noise cancellation headphones. I always listen to ambient music during take off and landing.
9. TOTE BAG (ABLETON LOOP, CHECK HERE): My manbag. I always have a random tote bag with me for all my stuff, this particular one I got from a dear friend…