Berlin-based producer, DJ and singer Annegret Fiedler aka Perel has made some smart decisions in her career. From the selection of labels she chose to work with to the impressive list of exclusive mixes and artist collaborations, she has slowly paved the way to make her dream come true: an album release on the famous label DFA Records — the “dance floor institution” founded by LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy. The success story did not happen overnight. Musical breakthroughs are like lotteries and patience as well as endurance is required to eventually hit the jackpot, or not. Speaking to Annegret, we noticed how much she cared about her supporting fans and the strong network behind the brand Perel. She brings the perfect balance of fun and professionalism and her essentials show the same. The carefully curated collection of items are iconic yet practical and necessary for her to keep the show going.
1. PERFUME (CHANEL, CHECK HERE): Real disco sweat needs a proper answer.
2. GLASSES (VINTAGE, NO BRAND): This lady is about about 30 years handmade in Italy.
3. CONCEALER (BENEFIT, CHECK HERE): Dark eye circles are essential part of my business.
4. HARD DRIVE (TOSHIBA, BUY HERE): It’s my brain actually. All my music is on that disk.
5. DELAY (TC-HELICON, BUY HERE): No live vocals without this baby.