Maggie Tang is an Australian creative director, design manager and illustrator with extraordinary cooking and karaoke skills. As the head of brand design at Ableton, a Berlin-based music software and hardware company, she takes care of the look and feel of the brand while managing a team of designers.
With a background as a designer at multiple renown design agencies and studios in Sydney, she moved to Berlin to take the Head of Brand Design role at Ableton. She and her team of talented designers define and create the identity of the brand including disciplines such as graphic design, photography and film. Her creative team also built the identity for Ableton’s recent Loop festival in Los Angeles.
“Maggie is known for her sincerity, honesty, critical eye and love of snacks” says her bio and we think the selection of her essentials reflect her personality really well. The items were carefully chosen, mostly daily items she cannot live without and cares about to be able to focus on what she is passionate about: creative solutions.
Find out more and follow Maggie Tang and her work here:
1. WRITE (SAILOR PEN AND KAWECO INK, CHECK HERE): I really want to phone less and write more. I had penpals and loved calligraphy as a kid and I miss that. One of my intentions for 2019 is to make more time and effort to hand write letters and send postcards. Who doesn’t love snail mail?!
2. FEET (NIKE, CHECK HERE): 80% of my days is spent in these. It’s my any occasion, every day and every season shoe.
3. LIPS (AESOP LIP BALM, MAC LIPSTICK): I’m pretty casual most of the time so I do bright red lips to help dial things up or when I need to colour up Berlin grey winter days. Mac’s Lady Danger is my favourite shade. It’s just the perfect amount of red and orange. Chapped lips are also the worse so I never leave the house without a lip balm.
4. TRAVELS (MUJI, BUY HERE): Roll and pack! These are a game changer for me. I hate packing and am a messy packer so these are a dream. Makes packing so much easier and quicker and you can fit heaps more.
5. EAT (LEE KUM KEE, CHECK HERE): Snacks are my jam and I love to cook. When I get home from work, cooking helps me switch off and my kitchen is always stocked up with soy sauce. If I could only use one sauce ingredient for the rest of my life, it’d be soy sauce.
MY NEXT BIG THING